A fun packed journey from Bathurst to Brisbane
from 2 May - 23 May 2016
This exclusive Country to Coast Safari, was led by two experienced, multilingual, first-aid trained Outback-Xplorer tour guides for the entire journey with visits and trips that included...
- Moree Hot Artesian Thermal Pools
- Lightning Ridge Mine tour including entrance to the Chambers of Black Hands mine carving art
- Lightning Ridge complimentary bus transfer to the RSL
- Charleville bus tour and 4WD station tour
- Longreach tour including transfers, sunset cruise on Thomson River with on-board Captain's commentary, nibbles served at Sunset Bend stop, two-course table service dinner featuring camp oven themed modern cuisine as well as live entertainment
- Cania Gorge sausage sizzle
- Fraser Island 4WD tour including transfers, morning/afternoon tea and lunch with wine and beer as well as a guided rainforest walk
- Information pack for each vehicle
- Powered sites at accredited caravan and tourist parks
Some of the highlights were: Taronga Western Plains Zoo or Dundullimal Homestead; Old Dubbo Gaol; Moree Cotton Farm; Coopers Cottage; Australian Opal Centre; Lightning Ridge Hot Artesian Spas; WWII Secret USA Base; Bilby Experience; Charleville Cosmos Centre; Cobb & Co Stage Coach; Qantas Museum; Stockman's Hall of Fame; Longreach School of Long Distance Education; the Scenic drive to Fairbairn Dam; Botanic Gardens; the Emerald Historic Railway building; guided bushwalks in Cania Gorge; a day trip to Lady Musgrave Island; Bundaberg Ginger Beer Factory and the Bundaberg Rum Distillery.